Friday, January 13, 2012

Ask the Hard Questions

If you are considering buying or selling a home, selecting your agent is the first important decision you will have to make. There are many qualified REALTORS out there, so it’s important to decide on a professional who will understand your needs and preferences – someone whom you can respect and trust. Nearly four out of five home buyers and sellers enlist the help of a real estate professional or broker. Here are some questions to consider when choosing an agent. (The responses in blue are how I would answer.)


  1. How long have you been a real estate professional? 10 years, since 2002.
  2. Do you work full or part time?  I am a full time Realtor focused on serving you.  This is my chosen career.  I am a member of the National Association of Realtors and the South Metro Denver Realtors Association.  I am currently ranked among the top 5% of Realtors in Denver. 
  3. Since selling a home involves real estate and marketing expertise, what is your experience in real estate and marketing?10 years in real estate and 20 years in marketing.  I have the experience to effectively market your home and handle everything from the first offer through closing. In addition to Realtor.com, etc my sellers receive a dedicated website just for their home.  
  4. What type of interent marketing will you do for my home? Their home's website address is easily searchable through various websites.  It is also posted on the For Sale sign and in all marketing materials.
  5. How well do you know the market and have you been working in this area?  In addition to being a full-time Realtor, I have lived in Littleton since 1966 and in Highlands Ranch since 1986.  No one knows and understands this market like I do.  
  6. What type of homes do you usually handle? Residential, condo, new construction, & existing homes.  
  7. How do you determine my home's value? Research, research, research!  This includes not just the sale of homes in the area but knowledge of market trends and years of experience in order to get the maximum amount possible. 
  8. How much business comes from repeat customers or referrals? over 80%. 
  9. How often do you update your clients, regardless of any progress? Once a week.  
  10.  Where does the closing take place? Usually it is in your home, not at the title company.  This is different from what most sellers are used to doing.  I conduct all my own closings, not the title company.  
  11. Do you have a performance guarantee Yes.  If you aren't satisfied - fire me!  It's that simple.


Above all, you should choose an agent with whom you feel comfortable and are well suited to your demands. Your real estate professional will be your guide through the entire process of buying or selling a home, and can be a valuable resource.


I would love to hear from you and have the opportunity to discuss if we may be right for you. You may also find it worthwhile to explore my website — it allows you to perform very detailed searches using search fields. I think you will also find that it has plenty of information to cover many of your real estate questions.


If you have questions about moving, building, selecting your first home or moving up to your next home, contact me, Brook Willardsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment